Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Initial testing of an Nginx web server proxy container for XRouter requests have been successful. The proxy container allows for XRouter to support millions of requests per second. This is part of the effort in working towards the XRouter 1.0 release:
- Migration to the new BTC v18 base chain is nearing completion. Wallet redesign integration is currently in progress, this is the final milestone in the base chain migration. Final testing should begin next week. This latest work can be viewed here: https://github.com/blocknetdx/bitcoin/commits/blocknet.
- The plan for the month of November is to release Blocknet v3.14.1 (legacy), Blocknet v4.0.0 (new chain), and Block DX v1.5.0.
- Block DX has surpassed $500,000 in all-time total trading volume!
- A new article on Block DX has been published. Take a look here.
- A new Block DX tutorial has been created by TheVoice that shows how to set up and trade on Block DX.
- A Blocknet AMA recently took place on Reddit with the blocknet team. You can check it out here.
- TheVoice is working with various teams on making Block DX the go-to OTC platform for various projects and has developed a Telegram BLOCK faucet bot to help onboard new users. A Divi OTC Telegram channel has already been created in collaboration with the Divi team. Collaborations with Digibyte and BADcoin are also in the works for additional OTC channels.
- The Blocknet crew continue to shout about Blocknet from the social media rooftops! Be sure to follow the various Blocknet associated Twitter accounts so you can retweet, like, and share: Blocknet, Block DX, XCloud, XRouter. If you want to help this effort and spread the word about Blocknet then you can find out about the Blocknet Crew by speaking to @TheVoice in our Discord and find out what the expectations of being a member are. Why Join Blocknet Crew? Find out here: http://bit.ly/33MmaMa
- Updated Service Node setup and governance documentation is being created for the changes that are coming with the new codebase.
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum /Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- @littleeagle has integrated an XCloud-powered trollbox chat service intohttps://blockdx.co/. Check it out here: https://blockdx.co/trollbox It features a mobile-friendly UI and guests have the ability to submit messages using this service directly through the https://blockdx.co/ website with no sign-up required. Note: IP addresses are rate limited to 1 message every 30 seconds to prevent abuse and a caching layer has been implemented so if you refresh the page your message may not appear for ~30 seconds.
- Community member Russ | kohX.io recently gave a presentation on decentralized exchanges where Block DX was used as the ideal of what a true DEX should be. Check it out here.
- @lucien is currently working on making his XRouter service explorer tool available in the browser for easy access and usage.
- @walkjivefly has created dev pull requests for a new XBridge connector and new config support for MERGE. These PRs still need to be reviewed.
- The proposals for Superblock 1166400 can now be viewed here. Voting will close on block 1163520, but your node must remain active until block 1166400 for your vote to count.
- Please note that with the growing number of proposals being submitted, not all proposals can pass and be paid out. As a Service Node operator you will need to review each proposal and decide which proposals are critical at this point in time. View the passing criteria needed for a proposal to be paid out. Feel free to ask questions if you clarification on Discord or on the proposal forum.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 117 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex International / CryptoBridge / UPbit / Altilly / View all exchanges
- BLOCK will also be added to the Beaxy exchange soon. Read more here.
- CoinExchange is also closing. Be sure to withdraw your funds before December 1st.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on November 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —