Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Block DX v1.2.0 is undergoing final testing and expected to be released this week. This update will include right-click order taking, help tooltips, manual wallet refresh option, improved responsiveness for various window sizes, and various bug fixes and UX improvements. If you would like to help with testing, visit the #blockdx-testing channel in Discord.
- The Syscoin 4 docker image in now available for snodes here. While Syscoin 4 is not compatible with XBridge for trading on Block DX with the current Blocknet wallet, a fix has been successfully tested to be included in the next wallet release. Syscoin 4 can still be supported by Service Nodes on XRouter.
- Staking on the new Bitcoin v0.18.0 basechain is currently undergoing testing. Moving Blocknet’s base chain from PIVX to Bitcoin will make the network more efficient, scalable, and secure.
- A collection of XCloud services have been created for Siacoin to allow for usage of their storage network. The calls available include SCconsensus, SCconsensusblock, SChostdbactive, SChostdbpubkey, SCrenterdelete, SCrenterdownload, SCrenterfile, SCrenterfiles, SCrenterrename, and SCrenterupload.
- You can view a list of XRouter and XCloud services on our forum here or via blockdx.co.
- API documentation for XRouter and XCloud can be found here.
- Blocknet has been reviewed on the popular Youtube channel Crypto Daily by Nicholas, giving Blocknet his highest review score to date! Watch the review here.
- Arlyn was interviewed on the Crypto Tips YouTube channel by Heidi (Blockchain Chick) on the topic of why Blocknet will power the future of all blockchains! Take a look here.
- Arlyn will be speaking at EthBerlin in August on the topic of Interchain Decentralization. Read more about EthBerlin.
- Arlyn has recorded an interview for an episode of the BlockCrunch podcast. The Blockcrunch Podcast is considered a serious platform among crypto enthusiasts. It is scheduled to be published soon.
- A new tutorial video has been created on how to setup the Blocknet wallet on Windows. View it here and make sure to give it a thumbs up and subscribe!
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum /Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- A #blocknet-crew channel has been created on Discord to discuss how we can help share knowledge everywhere about Blocknet. This is a private channel for invited members who have exhibited interest in positively engaging with outside communities on any social media. Blocknet Crew members are just community members who are willing to step out and be involved, speaking from the point of view on the benefits of Blocknet and its various protocols. Anyone interested in working together to promote Blocknet in outside social media forms is welcome to speak to @TheVoice and find what the expectations of being a member are.
- Lucien is in the process of developing a service explorer. The goal is to be able to browse and search XRouter and XCloud services, view the service details, and view services provided by a Service Node. In addition to this he’s planning to integrate some services into his website for usage demos. Future goals include simple example interchain dApps to showcase usage of services and a locally run Service Node usage metric log with the possibility of adding a dashboard UI.
- The proposals for Superblock 993600 can now be viewed on the forum here and in summary here. Voting will close on block 990720 (July 4th at 2am), but your node must remain active until block 993600 for your vote to count.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- An introduction to Superblocks and a guide to submitting and voting for proposals, can be found here. There is also a proposal category in the Blocknet Discord for focused and specific discussion of proposals and ideas. Within this category, there is a channel called #anon-snode-feedback for Service Node owners to provide anonymous feedback on proposals.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 110 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 24 integrations that are unannounced.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex International / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Nova
- BLOCK will also be added to the Beaxy exchange soon. Read more here.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on July 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —