Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Blocknet wallet v3.13.2 and Block DX v1.3.0 is expected to be released in the next few days containing an XBridge protocol bump and support for the new signrawtransactionwithwallet command. This update will make the new Bitcoin v18 and Syscoin 4 compatible.
- Blocknet has successfully connected the Sia blockchain and their storage services onto its decentralized network protocol. Utilizing custom XCloud plugin services, proof of concept Sia API’s are now accessible via Blocknet’s network, essentially connecting Sia with any other blockchain being supported by the Blocknet Protocol, (currently over 100) enabling developers to build any dApp they wish. You can read more information here.
- Sending messages to the official Blocknet Telegram group via the Blocknet wallet console or CLI is now possible with XCloud and XRouter! Check the forum to find out how to register a user name here and send a message here.
- You can view a list of XRouter and XCloud services on blockdx.co or via our forum here.
- API documentation for XRouter and XCloud can be found here.
- Arlyn has given an interview with InvestNoirIt is scheduled to be published soon.
- A new article on Sia has been published as mentioned above. You can read the full article here.
- You can also check out a cool video of XCloud and Sia in action here.
- Business development is continuing. Meetings have already taken place facilitated by @Mastermind with various parties including those from the banking sector and consulting sector. These meetings must remain confidential for now. Pitch decks are also being created and refined to assist in these meetings.
- A new article exploring XRouter and Ethereum will be published on a crypto news site within the next 7 days.
- CryptoTube has recorded a great overview about Blocknet. Check it out here.
- Blockgeeks published an article reviewing and comparing decentralized exchanges. They recognize that Block DX is the most decentralized exchange out there! Check out the full article here.
- Block DX now has a Facebook page! It will continue to be added to over the coming days. Like and follow here :https://www.facebook.com/BlockDX
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum /Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- Lucien has developed a service explorer that allows you to browse Service Nodes, view the services they support, view service details, and view other Service Nodes that support the service. This is viewable through a locally run webapp that can be found here. Stay tuned for further developments!
- The recently created community #blocknet-crew channel on Discord is going from strength to strength. This is decentralization in action! Community member Crypto Corgi has created 3 new Twitter accounts to help promote the different facets of the Blocknet Protocol. There is a Block DX account, an XRouter account and an XCloud account. Make sure to follow, like and retweet to let the world now about Blocknet!
- TheVoice has created a 50 second video showing Block DX in action. A great one to retweet!
- Do you want to help this effort? The Blocknet Crew channel is a private channel for invited members who have exhibited interest in positively engaging with outside communities on any social media. Blocknet Crew members are community members who are willing to step out and be involved, speaking from the point of view on the benefits of Blocknet and its various protocols. Anyone interested in working together to promote Blocknet in outside social media forms is welcome to speak to @TheVoice and find what the expectations of being a member are.
- BLOCK has the chance to be listed for FREE on the Altilly Exchange. Let’s make this happen! Cast your vote in the Twitter Poll here and be sure to retweet to spread the word!
- The proposals for Superblock 1036800 can now be viewed on the forum here or in summary here. Voting will close on block 1033920, but your node must remain active until block 1036800 for your vote to count.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- BLOCK has the chance to be listed for FREE on the Altilly Exchange. Let’s make this happen! Cast your vote in the Twitter Poll here and be sure to retweet!
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 110 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 24 integrations that are unannounced.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex International / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Nova
- BLOCK will also be added to the Beaxy exchange soon. Read more here.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on August 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —