- Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- XRouter development continues as we head toward the XRouter 1.0 release: The XRouter “Enterprise Service” is progressing. This service will support the 3rd party developer libraries and is a scalable way to handle the XRouter ecosystem because it moves the work of supporting XRouter requests away from the Blocknet wallet towards a service oriented architecture environment. This will help Service Node operators easily integrate into the EXR (Enterprise XRouter) system. This is a public system that doesn’t require developers to understand anything about blockchain protocols, as can be seen in this example: https://api.oracleminer.com/xr/BLOCK/xrGetBlockCount. As demonstrated here, a browser doesn’t know anything about blockchains, yet it was able to pull this data. Developers will be able to integrate with XRouter as easily as your browser simply by consuming the data from URLs. These URLs are broadcasted via the Service Node network, so that users can verify they are working with trusted Service Nodes.
- Comet 4.2 is expected to be released next week with a number of important upgrades including C++ XRouter library support, the ability to view all XBridge orders even for wallets not connected, improved XBridge logging, a fix for crashing on macOS, additional XBridge taker validation improvements, and a v7 staking protocol upgrade, which is expected to be the final upgrade to the new staking system (improves block consistency).
- Block DX 1.7.0 is also expected to be released next week alongside the new wallet. This release will include new full app zoom functionality, an unverified asset warning, upgraded Electron version, and fixes for various bugs such as the order form getting cleared when creating a new address and not always displaying the BTC price in the orders panel when it’s available.
- All testing items have been aggregated. To make things more concise, easier to follow, and viewable to those not on Discord, all testing items for Block DX, CloudChain Inc’s lite wallet, dxmakerbot, and the XRouter Service Explorer have been aggregated in the gist below and will be constantly updated. Check it out here. Currently there are new CloudChains Inc lite wallet builds available for a critical bug fix and new Block DX builds ready for updated Electron/dependencies as well as a data dir selection bug. We encourage our more experienced members to take part in this open testing.
- NEO is now live on XRouter and XCloud! Plugins are being created and tested.
- Marketing options for the release of XRouter 1.0 are being considered and articles are being prepared as the release draws closer. If you would like to help out with this or have any articles, images or ideas to contribute please DM @Philip Marshall on Discord
- The documentation portal and blockdx.com have both been updated to reflect the latest compatible assets and wallets. These pages will now load the latest list after an issue preventing hotloading has been resolved.
- Next week work will begin on adding an open orders page to blockdx.com to easily view current orders from the web.
- Website / Block DX Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Blockdx.co
- A reminder that @Lucien has created a Twitter bot that posts the trade statistics for Block DX every 24 hours (volume in BTC/BLOCK/USD & total number of trades). Check it out and give it a follow and some likes here: https://twitter.com/dxstats
- French translations for blockdx.com are underway with the help of Jeff Bouchard! If you would like to contribute to translating, please see instructions here. For a reference example you can also take a look at the in-progress French translations. If you have any questions you can reach out to @hanniabu on Discord or Telegram.
- The results of Superblock 1425600 can be seen below. To understand how a proposal passes, check out the passing criteria.
- fazer-dxmbot-006–2000 BLOCK, Y:38 | N:0 | A:2, Passed
- proj-costs-1425600–850 BLOCK, Y:49 | N:0 | A:0, Passed
- operations-team-1425600–9560 BLOCK, Y:50 | N:0 | A:2, Passed
- ARBIT-Market-Making-1425600–6200 BLOCK, Y:22 | N:6 | A:1, Passed
- infinity7592–1425600–385 BLOCK, Y:49 | N:0 | A:2, Passed
- corgi-may — 840 BLOCK, Y:33 | N:10 | A:4, Passed
- michael-dev-may — 15250 BLOCK, Y:52 | N:0 | A:0, Passed
- atc-infra-sb1425600–410 BLOCK, Y:39 | N:0 | A:0, Passed
- buildserver-cost-may — 875 BLOCK, Y:49 | N:0 | A:0, Passed
- SocialPhilip_MAY20–1100 BLOCK, Y:52 | N:0 | A:0, Passed
- blockdx-dev-1425600–2500 BLOCK, Y:49 | N:0 | A:0, Passed
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on the proposal forum or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- Voting has changed with the release of Comet. Please view these instructions on how to vote in the new system.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list (separate from the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on May 15th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —