Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Blocknet wallet 3.14.0 has been released. This wallet release contains a staking protocol upgrade and will result in a hard fork on September 23rd at 6pm UTC +0. Updating prior to this date is required to stay on the correct chain. You can read the full details and download here.
- This staking protocol upgrade comes after the Blocknet team was the first to discover issues with the existing Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus algorithm. A consortium of PoS developers and projects has subsequently been created to share our improvements on the staking protocol.
- Block DX version 1.4.0 has been released and includes the ability to filter the order book to view only buy or sell orders, the removal of “wallet” from Balances with an optional setting to show it, and various bug fixes, including a resolution for the TypeError popup message. You can read the full details and download here.
- Migration to the new BTC v18 base chain is ongoing. Staking, governance, and XBridge integration is complete. These items combined are a majority of the migration tasks. The only items left are XRouter and wallet integration. The new codebase will make the network more efficient, scalable, and secure and will also include a move to on-chain governance (with proposal voting recorded directly on-chain) and a single tier block reward.
- A new article on how XRouter allows for a decentralized Infura is currently in progress.
- Initial early talks with Bank of America have begun to explore use cases for the Blocknet Protocol within the bank’s global payments business. This is an initiative being led by @mastermind.
- Development has begun on a new dedicated Block DX website where users can download the app, view guides, troubleshoot, learn, and more.
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum /Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- Do you want to help this effort and spread the word about Blocknet? The Blocknet Crew channel is a private channel for invited members who have exhibited interest in positively engaging with outside communities on any social media. Blocknet Crew members are community members who are willing to step out and be involved, speaking from the point of view on the benefits of Blocknet and its various protocols. Anyone interested in working together to promote Blocknet in outside social media forms is welcome to speak to @TheVoice and find what the expectations of being a member are. Why Join Blocknet Crew? Find out here: http://bit.ly/33MmaMa
- For Superblock 1080000 there was a total of 423 Service Nodes, requiring a net of at least 43 votes for a proposal to pass. The results are as follows:
- TheVoice-1080000 — Passed: 1758 BLOCK 162–0, Net 162
- chain-upgrades — Passed: 10 BLOCK 176–0, Net 176
- hanniabu-1080000 — Passed: 2500 BLOCK 177–0, Net 177
- blockdx-jsdev-sept — Passed: 3730 BLOCK 179–0, Net 179
- proj-costs-1080000 — Passed: 535 BLOCK 177–0, Net 177
- ops-team-1080000 — Passed: 11520 BLOCK 179–1, Net 178
- infinity7592-sep19 — Passed: 385 BLOCK 128–0, Net 128
- atc-sb1080000-infra — Passed: 1750 BLOCK 131–0, Net 131
- Social_Philip_Sep — Passed: 1100 BLOCK 178–0, Net 178
- buildserver-cost-sep — Passed: 500 BLOCK 177–0, Net 177
- michael-dev-sep — Passed: 11250 BLOCK 181–0, Net 181
- bizdev-1080000 — Passed: 2500 BLOCK 144–3, Net 141
- corgi-july-aug — Passed: 895 BLOCK 132–9, Net 123
- CoinatomyExchange — Failed: 10000 BLOCK 22–125, Net -103
- BlockchainCoferences — Passed: 8916 BLOCK 128–15, Net 113
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info, on blockdx.co or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- BLOCK has been listed at the Altilly Exchange after winning a poll. BLOCK can now be traded on Altilly. This means a new exchange is available for US customers! There are markets for BTC, ETH, USDT, and XQR. Get trading now! https://www.altilly.com/market
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 117 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of these assets (including BLOCK) on the Coin Hub page.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges:Digifinex / Bittrex International / CryptoBridge / UPbit / Altilly / View all exchanges
- BLOCK will also be added to the Beaxy exchange soon. Read more here.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on September 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.