Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Blocknet Comet 4.2 has been released. This update includes various XRouter improvements as we head towards XRouter 1.0 as well as a v7 staking protocol upgrade, which is the final upgrade to the new staking system. The purpose of the v7 upgrade is to promote block time consistency by using a quadratic staking weight multiplier on the staking UTXO. This multiplier will benefit stakers who mine blocks at times closest to the target block time of 60 seconds. This upgrade will result in a hard fork on June 8th at 6pm UTC +0. Updating prior to this date is required to stay on the correct chain. You can read the full details and download the update here.
- Block DX version 1.7.0 has been released with improvements and new features including full app zoom, show all order support and more. Full details on this update and the download link can be viewed here.
- Blocknet is building an Enterprise XRouter (EXR) reverse proxy that will be compatible with EXR calls. If you would like to pilot this you can find some setup notes here. More detailed guides on setting up an EXR Service Node are in progress, but feel free to ask for help in Discord in the meantime (ping @86b or @aderks).
- With the completion of the XRouter C++ library, developers can start interacting with Enterprise XRouter (EXR) nodes without any blockchain installed. If you would like to get started with this library, see the sample project guide. If you have any questions please join our Discord and ask.
- Monero EXR (Enterprise XRouter) support is currently being tested, alongside additional Monero XCloud calls.
- The XRouter service explorer now lists over 150 calls including calls for ETH, NEO, OMNI, XMR as well as oracle service such as twitter, weather and more. Check them out here.
- Blocknet came 2nd in a Twitter poll by Secret Salsa asking which is the best DEX? As a result of our high placing, Block DX was reviewed by Secret Salsa. Check out the review here.
- Blocknet was reviewed on the Noah Seidman YouTube channel where he described Block DX as “profoundly powerful” and highlights that XRouter is the ONLY utxo oracle system out there. Check it out here!
- A new and updated Blocknet website is currently in the planning stages with the help of @shorn. The new website will highlight the protocol and its immense capabilities, along with dedicated product pages.
- A new blockdx.com page featuring open orders is in development and expected to be completed next week.
- Website / Block DX Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Blockdx.co
- German translations for blockdx.com are being finalized with the help of @Adalwin! If you would like to contribute to translating, please see instructions here. For a reference example you can also take a look at the in-progress French translations. If you have any questions you can reach out to @hanniabu on Discord or Telegram.
- Keep an eye out for Superblock 1468800 proposals which can be viewed on the forum. Voting will close on block 1468740, but your voting inputs must not be spent until block 1468800 for your vote to remain valid (staking is okay). Please check the link above regularly as proposals for this superblock are added and look out for the full proposal Summary in the coming days.
- New asset support has been added on Block DX for CbdHealthNetwork (CHN), Placeholders (PHL), and Scribe (SCRIBE).
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 124 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of supported assets can be found on the listings page.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex Global / UPbit / Altilly / VCC / View all exchanges
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on May 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —