Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Blocknet Comet 4.1 has been released! Comet 4.1 contains many upgrades and bug fixes of the previous Comet release. This is a MANDATORY update for everyone, regardless if you’re a holder, staker, service provider, or Service Node operator. You must update before block 1382400 (estimated March 22th 7am UTC +0). The full details are as follows: https://blocknet.co/blocknet-comet-4-1-has-been-released/
- The BIP9 spork has been initialized and once 95% of stakers signal support the spork, the Blocknet network will activate network fees paid to stakers instead of being burned, SegWit support, and staking to p2pkh instead of p2pk.
- The next iteration of Block DX will include full app zoom capabilities, an unverified asset warning, and fixes for various bugs such as the order form getting cleared when creating a new address and not always displaying the BTC price in the orders panel when it’s available. If you would like to help with testing this feature along other updates, visit the #community-testing channel in Discord.
- BeInCrypto have chosen BLOCK as the token to watch for March! Retweet and share their cool video here.
- A new article will be published on crypto news sites in the next 48 hours.
- Localization for the Block DX website is expected to be complete by the end of the month, at which point we’ll begin the translation process.
- Website / Block DX Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Blockdx.co
- Shorn has joined the Blocknet crew! Shorn has been working with BitBay for almost 4 years doing design work and marketing, and acting as a project manager. Welcome to the Crew!
- The Blocknet crew continues to shout about Blocknet from the social media rooftops! Be sure to follow the various Blocknet associated Twitter accounts so you can retweet, like, and share: Blocknet, Block DX, XCloud, XRouter. If you want to help this effort and spread the word about Blocknet then you can find out about the Blocknet Crew by speaking to @TheVoice in our Discord and find out what the expectations of being a member are. Why Join Blocknet Crew? Find out here: http://bit.ly/33MmaMa
- The CloudChains Inc, MLW beta for Windows is due to be released at the end of March. Research is also being conducted to design the UI. If you would like to participate, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/u2LqTaiaSVMyASSA7
- The proposals for Superblock 1382400 can now be viewed here. Voting will close on block 1382340, but your voting inputs must not be spent until block 1382400 for your vote to remain valid (staking is okay).
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on the proposal forum or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- Voting has changed with the release of Comet. Please view these instructions on how to vote in the new system.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list (separate from the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 126 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of supported assets can be found on the listings page.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Digifinex / Bittrex Global / UPbit / Altilly / VCC / View all exchanges
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on March 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —