Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- Blocknet Comet 4.2 has been released. This upgrade resulted in a hard fork on June 8th at 6pm UTC +0. Please check your wallet is not on a forked chain (view guide).
- The next Comet release is planned for next week, which will include a variety of new XBridge calls to support partial orders, splitting inputs, and retrieving a list of UTXOs. A view of the new calls will be available in the coming days as updates are staged for the API documentation.
- The next release of Block DX will come after the next Comet release with new features supporting the additional XBridge functionality. You will be able to trade partial orders, select existing addresses, split inputs, and filter orders directly within the app.
- Auto setup for testing the CloudChains Inc litewallet with Block DX is also in the works. If you’re interested in helping with testing, keep an eye out in the #community-testing channel in Discord for new test builds.
- A new article has been published. Blocknet: The Essentials is a short guide with infographics that can be shared with newcomers or anyone else who wants to know the basics about the project and what it is capable of. Be sure to check it out and share!
- Block DX was added to KYCNOT.ME, a website that aggregates a list of exchanges that do not require KYC.
- Development of a new and updated Blocknet website is continuing to progress well with the help of @shorn. The new website will highlight the protocol and its immense capabilities, along with dedicated product pages.
- Website / Block DX Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Blockdx.co
- @fazer is working on a new dxmakerbot feature called Takerbot. Currently dxmakerbot is only able to create and repost orders, but not take orders. This new feature will allow takerbot to keep checking for possible partial orders which meet set requirements (size, price) and accept that order.
- @lucien created a Discord bot that posts Block DX trading stats in #trading from the @dxstats Twitter bot he also created.
- The proposals for Superblock 1512000 will be added here. Please check the link in the coming days.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list (separate from the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- BLOCK is now available to trade on Finexbox which supports US traders, has no KYC and no withdrawal limits. Click here to check it out.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first to see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on June 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —