Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- XRouter is undergoing final QA, check out the details in the previous newsletter.
- XCloud is also undergoing final QA. XCloud is a decentralized microservice cloud network for blockchain calls not inherently supported by XRouter and other microservices via XRouter plugins. Examples of XCloud services are blockchain-based plugins such as one that returns a list of Syscoin marketplace listings, third party data plugins such as one that provides access to CMC’s API data, or a custom plugin service you create yourself.
- The improved and simplified Block DX automated setup is still under development and is expected to begin QA shortly. The new automated setup will allow users to add new wallets or update wallets individually so that all wallets don’t need to be restarted for changes that only apply to a few.
- Improvements have been made to the way the wallet syncs to lessen the instances of the blockchain getting corrupted (assertion failed errors).
- The Blocknet Bootstrap has been updated to April 15, 2019 (block 822882).
- A reminder that Block DX will is now available on AWS Marketplace, offering push-button deployments of Block DX that are pre-configured and have fully synced chains for trading or running a Service Node (view on marketplace). A guide can be found on Discord pinned in the #blockdx-aws channel (thanks again @CryptoXman!).
- Articles and graphics have been prepped for the forthcoming XRouter announcement to be distributed to a variety of news outlets.
- Redactedman has spent this month prioritizing the search for sourcing new talent for upcoming work in the fields of graphic artists, article content writers, and SEO specialists. These contacts will be used for upcoming work to build a foundation for fundamental tasks that need immediate attention and man power. For the coming month he will also be tackling some website issues and will begin a path for SEO. He has also prepared some graphic images for use by the marketing team.
- Documentation for XRouter and XCloud is in progress, including updated API docs, setup guides for Service Nodes, and user guides.
- Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit / Steemit / Newsletter / Facebook / YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum / Arlyn’s Blog / Block Node Info / Blockdx.co
- We encourage you to setup DX Maker Bot to help market make on Block DX. It can automatically place orders within set parameters to arb against a price source of your choosing. This will help jump-start markets for the assets you’d like to see traded more! See the documentation for configuration and usage: https://github.com/BlocknetDX/dxmakerbot
- For Superblock 864000 there was a total of 468 Service Nodes, requiring a net of at least 47 votes for a proposal to pass. The results are as follows:
- blockdx-js-dev-apr — Passed: 1850 BLOCK, 115–0, Net 115
- 864000-refill — Passed: 9305 BLOCK, 108–52, Net 56
- infinity7592-apr19 — Passed: 385 BLOCK, 113–0, Net 113
- aws-march-2019 — Passed: 360 BLOCK, 169–0, Net 169
- hanniabu-864000 — Passed: 5000 BLOCK, 169–0, Net 169
- Social_Philip_Apr — Passed: 750 BLOCK, 168–0, Net 168
- UAT-864000 — Passed: 10230 BLOCK, 170–0, Net 170
- redactedman-864000 — Passed: 10 BLOCK, 94–3, Net 91
- atc-DXMM-sb864000 — Passed: 750 BLOCK, 119–0, Net 119
- atc-DEV-sb864000 — Passed: 3500 BLOCK, 183–0, Net 183
- Reallocate-864000 — Passed: 10 BLOCK, 118–51, Net 67
- buildserver-cost-apr — Passed: 350 BLOCK, 117–0, Net 117
- Michael-dev-apr — Passed: 7500 BLOCK, 185–0, Net 185
- The in-progress (and previous) proposals can be viewed on block-node.info or within the Proposals screen of the wallet.
- Please note, proposals are being submitted to the forum individually so please make sure you scroll down and take your time to look over each proposal.
- An introduction to Superblocks and a guide to submitting and voting for proposals, can be found here. There is also a proposal category in the Blocknet Discord for focused and specific discussion of proposals and ideas. Within this category, there is a channel called #anon-snode-feedback for Service Node owners to provide anonymous feedback on proposals.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list. (Separate to the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Blocknet Service Node stats can be viewed on Master Nodes Pro, on Masternodes Directory, and on Block Core.
- Blocknet is excited and proud to announce that BLOCK can now be traded on DigiFinex. BLOCK joins over 100 trading pairs in six markets: BTC, ETH, USDT, TUSD, USDC and DFT on the DigiFinex exchange, which is consistently in the top 5 exchanges.
- BLOCK will be one of the first assets to be added to the forthcoming Beaxy Exchangeafter being on the winning team in a Twitter poll. You can sign up for Beaxy here.
- A new trading high was reached on Block DX:
- Coin announcements are continuing. We would like to welcome the BitcoinZero and BitSend developers and community to the internet of blockchains. We look forward to seeing BZX, BSD traded on Block DX. Be sure to check out the most recent additions to Block DX in the latest token recap here. You can view the full list of over 100 assets on the Blocknet Coin Hub.
- Twice per week, Twitter and Discord polls are now created for the next asset to be added to BLOCK DX.
- The Blocknet Protocol currently supports 107 blockchains all of which can be traded on Block DX. A full list of the supported assets can be found on the Blocknet’s Coin Hub. You can also view the current prices, ranking and market cap of of these assets (including BLOCK) on the same page.
- In addition to this list, there are another 22 blockchains that are unannounced.
- 144 assets are in progress for error resolution + finalization.
- Besides Block DX, BLOCK is also listed on the following exchanges: Bittrex / CryptoBridge / UPbit / CoinSwitch / Cryptopia / Nova
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on April 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —