Hello everybody and welcome to the latest Blocknet newsletter! This newsletter is released twice per month to keep the community up-to-date on what is happening with Blocknet. You can view all previous newsletters here.
- We are excited to announce the official name of the lite multiwallet is XLite. XLite is a lightweight, decentralized, multi-asset wallet built by Cloudchains Inc. and powered by the Blocknet protocol. If you would like to help out with testing the private beta, please join Blocknet’s Discord and visit the xlite-beta-testing channel.
- XRouter development continues to progress with a “decentralized Infura” solution payment gateway for service providers nearing completion. Service providers are Service Node operators running an Enterprise XRouter proxy (EXR). Service providers provide URL based support for replacing Infura. Users can send a request with a payment to EXR service providers and in return they receive a project ID and API that allows them to make a certain number of requests to the API based on how much they paid. The project ID and API key is then used to track the calls. This allows service providers to run their own Geth. Alternatively they can forward the request and pay Service Node operators so that Snode Operators who don’t want to run a URL front end can just run a normal version XRouter with Geth.
- Block DX continues to be featured in a number of articles across a wide range of sites including Cryptoslate, Cryptopress, Crypto Adventure, and Crypto Folds amongst others thanks to community member @balena.
- Marketing strategies for high profile websites are also being planned for the near future.
- New marketing flow solutions are continuing to be worked on including a new tool which we will be used to improve our content production process allowing new and older articles to be automatically processed creating social media drip campaigns from these articles.
- Our new graphic designer @ICanHazCrypto will be helping to create a new graphics aesthetic for articles and posts so we can maintain a better brand consistency across our own blog, medium, social media and press releases.
- A new dedicated website for the XLite multi wallet has been launched as we move closer to the open beta launch! The microsite will be used as a landing page from press articles to inform and engage interested users and direct them to our Discord server. Check it out: https://xlitewallet.com/
- Work on the new Blocknet website is nearing completion in preparation for the launch including adding a new section for the XLite wallet downloads and creating some new visuals of the XLite screens for the product preview section.
- A WordPress theme has also been built for a seamless user experience as well as being streamlined in preparation for SEO work.
- Website / Block DX Website / Documentation Portal / API Docs / Discord / Twitter / Medium / Telegram / Reddit /Newsletter / Blocknet Facebook / Block DX Facebook /YouTube / DTube / Instagram / Minds / BitcoinTalk / Proposal Forum
- The proposals for the next Superblock 1641600 will be added here. Please check the link in the coming days.
- A guide to submitting and voting on proposals can be found here.
- For Service Node notifications such as critical updates or voting reminders, join this mailing list (separate from the Word on the BLOCK newsletter email list).
- Don’t forget open orders on Block DX can be viewed on the Block DX website here.
Many thanks for reading. We hope that you are as excited as us with what the future holds for Blocknet. A decentralization project fundamentally requires an engaged community, and so if you would like to help with anything, have something to add, use your professional skills or have a problem, we want to know about it.
Please also be aware that a community project is run by a diverse group of people with varying time-constraints (in a number of time-zones) and personal lives, so remember to be kind and patient!
If you want to be the first to see these updates, you can receive the newsletters directly to your email by subscribing here. Our next update is due on September 30th. Until then we look forward to hearing from you!
The Blocknet Team.
— — — — — —