Blocknet is excited and proud to announce that BLOCK can now be traded on DigiFinex. BLOCK joins over 100 trading pairs in six markets: BTC, ETH, USDT, TUSD, USDC and DFT on the DigiFinex exchange, which at the time of writing is currently ranked the number one exchange by volume on coinmarketcap (and is consistently in the top 5).
DigiFinex deposits for BLOCK will open on 17th April 2019 10:00am local time (GMT+8). Withdrawal and trade service will be open on 18th April, 2019 10:00am local time (GMT+8). There will be 2 BLOCK Trading pairs to begin: BLOCK/BTC and BLOCK/USDT.
You can register to buy and sell BLOCK here.
In over a year since its inception, DigiFinex, led by an experienced team with a strong background in blockchain technology, has managed to establish itself as a trusted digital asset financial exchange among average consumers and investors in the Asian markets. DigiFinex’s registered user has exceeded 2 million, more than 500,000 active users from over 150 countries, with an cumulative trading volume that exceeds 10 billion and a daily trading volume exceeding $600 million.
The Blocknet team was impressed by the honesty, fairness and professionalism displayed by the DigiFinex team in our correspondence with them when compared with other exchanges. They were extremely open and responsive to any questions we had and all were answered in a timely manner. Not only that, the progress they have made in a short amount of time also impressed us. Another bonus is that just like Blocknet, the DigiFinex team has always put security as its top priority. With IT security audits, hot wallet and cold storage separation, and smart risk controls in place, DigiFinex is creating a safe and stable trading platform. Together, we look forward to a bright crypto-future!
(Snapshot taken 9th April 2019)
Blocknet and BLOCK
Blocknet is a 2nd layer blockchain interoperability protocol that enables communication, interaction, and exchange between any public or private blockchain. This allows for the development of multi-chain applications and blockchain microservices. The project was founded on the principles of openness, transparency, and maintaining a high level of decentralization. It is self-funded, self-governed, and open sourced with contributors around the world building an open and collaborative ecosystem.
Blocknet is a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) blockchain with a utility token called BLOCK. Unlike other currency-focused blockchains, Blocknet is a service-based blockchain comprised of 3 main components:
- XRouter – Provides the Blocknet Protocol with a communication layer consisting of an inter-blockchain SPV client backend that enables the verification of blockchain records without requiring users to download the full blockchain. XRouter allows applications to interface with blockchains on the TCP/IP networking layer, enabling a true Internet of Blockchains. XRouter is compatible with ALL blockchains.
- XBridge – Provides the ability to perform trustless exchange between any digital assets that is supported by the Blocknet Protocol via APIs. XBridge allows any application to perform decentralized exchange, opening the door to an ecosystem of decentralized trading services.
- XCloud – Provides a decentralized microservice cloud network powered by XRouter. Developers will be able to put both blockchain and non-blockchain microservices on Blocknet’s “public cloud” decentralized network. XCloud allows applications to run entirely decentralized, opening the door to the possibility of monetizable, fully decentralized applications.
These services are completely decentralized and trustless, operating peer-to-peer. Fees for these services are paid in BLOCK and 100% of those fees are distributed to Service Nodes for supporting the network and infrastructure.
The Blocknet network is powered by 2 types of nodes:
- Staking Nodes – Secures the network by staking BLOCK to verify the blockchain. This service earns 30% of block rewards. A Staking Node can be operated with any amount of BLOCK, but staking more BLOCK yields more frequent rewards.
- Service Nodes – Hosts the full nodes of compatible blockchains, hosts microservices, audits interactions, and performs anti-spam and anti-DOS measures for the network. This service earns 70% of block rewards and 100% of fees generated from use of the network’s services (XBridge, XRouter, XCloud). A Service Node requires 5000 BLOCK.
The first dApp built on the Blocknet protocol is Block DX, a fully decentralized and trustless exchange. Block DX mimics a centralized exchange experience but enables traders to conduct exchanges directly from their respective wallets instead of through an intermediary. You can find out more here.
2018 was a great year for Blocknet, winning the “Best blockchain developer of 2018” at the Block Awards Amsterdam while attending the European Blockchain Expo. From over 250 applicants, the judges felt that Blocknet was the most revolutionary advancement in blockchain technology in 2018. Blocknet innovations continued with a groundbreaking blockchain event when Cloudchanis Inc demonstrated the XRouter powered, proof-of-concept decentralized lite multi-wallet for Block DX at the North American Blockchain Expo in California. The first wallet of its kind, anywhere! A demonstration of Ethereum, Syscoin, and many other blockchains running on XRouter also took place at the Expo. Recognition of Blocknet continued to grow when in October Blocknet was invited to attend a selective high level European Union roundtable event in Brussels to discuss the future of blockchain. Following our attendance at this event, the International Centre for Parliamentary Studies has invited us to create a second EU government roundtable, this time aimed specifically at blockchain interoperability and agreeing to an interchain standard.
2019 is already shaping up to be a great year for Blocknet with the beta release of XRouter just around the corner and much more to come!