The Internet of Blockchains
Blocknet is a blockchain interoperability protocol that enables communication, interaction, and exchange between different public and private blockchains, as well as on-chain access to off-chain data, APIs, and services via oracles.
We are an open sourced, self-funded, and self-governed project with dedicated contributors around the world.
The Blocknet Protocol is a true peer-to-peer protocol between nodes on different blockchains. This enables the transfer of data and value between blockchains and opens the door to multi-chain architectures.
Many components come together to form a single decentralized protocol.
Use powerful APIs to integrate blockchains into any other blockchain or application.
The Blocknet Protocol is designed to maximize interoperability between different blockchains through the use of these components. Just as the internet enabled computers to communicate, the Blocknet Protocol is critical for blockchains to realize full potential.
The Blocknet community has been developing this technology since 2014. Our decentralized governance system and open source code ensures that every blockchain is free to interact without centralized entities.
Peer to Peer
With Block DX you'll never have to send your tokens to an unsafe 3rd party wallet for trading. You maintain ownership at all times. Block DX mediates exchanges peer-to-peer, wallet-to-wallet, with no 3rd party.
Block DX offers absolute trading pair freedom between any two tokens. Separate parties can trade tokens directly between each other in a trustless manner.
Block DX can provide centralized trading platforms with additional liquidity. Exchanges looking to settle accounts can securely mirror trades to obtain this liquidity via BIP65 atomic swaps.
Blocknet is a decentralized network that connects blockchains, similar to how the internet connects computers. Whether it’s through cross-chain dApps or using the protocol as a 2nd layer to extend blockchain functionality, we provide developers with the capability to create the applications of tomorrow.Join Our Discord
We are constantly working to improve Blocknet. Subscribe here to receive notifications on the latest features, updates, and news!Subscribe
Join our growing community, where you can connect with developers and other users.
Blocknet is powered by a network of Service Nodes and Staking Nodes. Service Nodes are the computational power behind all the Blocknet's capabilities. Staking Nodes protect the network via our Proof-of-Stake (POS) system.
Stake on the Future of Decentralization
Anyone with BLOCK can easily participate in staking and receive block rewards for protecting the Blocknet network.
The stakers are responsible for securing the integrity of the Blocknet blockchain.
Block Reward + Fees
Blocknet invites you to join our community and stake on the future of decentralization.Start Now
Service the Decentralized World
Service Node operators host full nodes of blockchains and serve off-chain oracle data to power XBridge, XRouter, and XCloud.
These services can be monetized and advertised to developers as a business.
If you are passionate about a decentralized future, we welcome you to join our Service Node community.Start Now
Blocknet is governed by the community without a centralized entity. Blocknet supports its own maintenance and development through a self-funding mechanism. Service Nodes, acting as treasurers, vote to fund community proposals that serve Blocknet’s vision. Community members are the core representatives of the ideas and proposals that Blocknet implements.
Blocknet is designed to scale by allocating the resources necessary to meet the demand of connecting the decentralized world.
- 2020 Q1
- Base Code MigrationMigrate the base chain codebase from PIVX to Bitcoin v18.
- On-chain GovernanceMove the Service Node list and proposal voting on-chain.
- XRouter DNSAllow for Service Nodes to offer their services behind a registered domain.
- Single Tier Block RewardBoth regular stakers and Service Nodes will be able to stake for a single 1 BLOCK block reward.
- Block DX LocalizationSupport multiple languages so Block DX can be adopted and used globally.
- Network Fees To StakersA network update that pays network fees to stakers instead of the fees being burnt.
- Generate New AddressSupport for generating a new address for any connected wallet.
- EOS Docker ImageConfigured Docker image for Service Nodes to provide EOS XBridge, XRouter, and XCloud services.
- Ethereum Setup GuidesGuide for Service Nodes on how to setup Ethereum to provide XBridge, XRouter, and XCloud services using Docker or source files.
- EOS Setup GuidesGuide for Service Nodes on how to setup EOS to provide XBridge, XRouter, and XCloud services using Docker, source files, or .deb distribution.
- Base Code Migration
- 2019 Q4
- Generate New AddressSupport for generating a new address for any connected wallet.
- Block DX WebsiteA Block DX product site and informational source for learning material, tutorials, developer info, and other supplementary content (view here).
- Clear Orders FeatureThe ability to clear cancelled orders from Inactive Orders with a "Clear Inactive" button.
- Service ExplorerA look-up directory platform for SPV Wallets and XCloud services provided by Blocknet's Service Nodes (view here), developed by @lucien.
- Generate New Address
- 2019 Q3
- Staking Protocol UpgradeUpgrade from PoS3 to a new and improved custom Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus algorithm.
- Order Book FilterThe ability to filter the order book on Block DX to view only buy orders, only sell orders, or both buy and sell orders.
- Release Notes NoticeA Block DX notice message presented after updating that lists the key features included in the update.
- Configuration NoticeA message asking the user to configure their wallets when viewing markets they are not currently configured to trade on.
- Block DX TooltipsTooltips to help inform users on functionality, usage, features, of finer details.
- Wallet RefreshingSupport manually refreshing your connected wallets and balances with the click of a button.
- Right-click Order TakingTake orders faster by right-clicking on the order and selecting the “Take Order” option.
- Staking Protocol Upgrade
- 2019 Q2
- Syscoin4 Docker ImageConfigured Docker image for Service Nodes to provide Syscoin XBridge, XRouter, and XCloud services.
- Auto Setup V2An updated automated configuration setup to begin trading in a matter of minutes and just a few clicks.
- Order DetailsView additional order details by right-clicking on the order and selecting the “View Details” option.
- XRouter BetaBeta release of a decentralized full node SPV network enabling use of on-chain data from any public or private blockchain without requiring users to download the full blockchain.
- XCloud BetaBeta release of a decentralize oracle network enabling on-chain use of off-chain data, APIs, and services.
- New ForumA new Blocknet forum to host proposals and other Blocknet related discussions.
- Syscoin4 Docker Image
- 2019 Q1
- DX Maker Bot V1
- Web APIsWeb API endpoints for various XBridge and XRouter data (view here).
- Documentation PortalAn official source of informational content, tutorials, and tools (view here).
- Improved FundingIncrease Superblock capacity to provide adequate funding for the project and products to mature and compete with the rest of the market.
- Auto UpdaterAn in-app updater that will notify users when a new version is available and let them easily upgrade from within Block DX.
- Welcome ScreenA welcome screen that provides useful information to help onboard new users.
- Order Status IndicatorA more user-friendly way to present and indicate the current state of each order.
- Error MessagingImproved error messages that provide the user with more information on what the issue is and tips to resolve these issues.
- Service Node StabilityImprove the stability of the Service Node list to better support the network and services.
- XBridge BetaBeta release of the first decentralized exchange protocol for trustless peer-to-peer exchange between any digital asset.
- 2018 Q4
- XBridge UpdatesA series of upgrades including stuck order fixes, order relaying, additional verification checks, protocol enforcement, and increased order system reliability.
- XBridge RPC UpdatesA series of upgrades including improved wallet connection checks, RPC validations, and RPC locking issues.
- Redesign Settings ScreenA Settings screen in the redesigned wallet for easy access to various wallet configurations.
- Redesign Tools ScreenA Tools screen in the redesigned wallet with the debug console, peers list, and network monitor.
- Order Form ValidationPresent Block DX users with an error message when there's data missing from the order form.
- Own Order IndicationA way to easily and quickly distinguish your own orders in the order book.
- XRouter Fee SystemImplementation of the XRouter and XCloud fee system.
- Blockdx.co WebsiteMonitor open orders and trade history on Block DX, a map of Service Node locations, network services, and proposals (view here), developed by @littleeagle.
- Redesign Transactions ScreenA Transactions screen in the redesign wallet that allows you to view your wallet's transaction history.
- Redesign Proposal SubmissionA Proposal Submission screen in the redesign wallet that allows you to easily submit proposals through the wallet UI.
- Redesign Address Book ScreenAn Address Book screen in the redesign wallet to view your addresses and addresses of other contacts.
- XBridge Conf ReloadingSupport for hot-loading the xbridge.conf file after making changes so the wallet doesn't need to be restarted.
- Trade History ChartA Block DX trade history chart using information pulled from the on-chain trade history.
- Market PricingSupport for placing orders and viewing markets in terms of BTC pricing.
- XBridge Updates
- 2018 Q3
- Redesign Proposals ScreenA Proposals screen in the redesign wallet that allows you to easily view and vote on proposals.
- Redesign Coin Control ScreenA Coin Control screen in the redesign wallet that can open in a new window where you can view and lock your wallet's inputs.
- Auto Setup V1An automated configuration setup to begin trading in a matter of minutes and just a few clicks.
- Place Order by PriceAbility to create orders on Block DX using an asset's price instead of specifying the amount of each asset to be traded.
- Fee Schedule UpdateUpdate to the fee schedule to remove the maker fee and set the taker fee to 0.015 BLOCK.
- On-chain Trade HistorySupport viewing completed orders and trading records using on-chain trade history.
- XWalletsSupport viewing which blockchains and services are supported by the Service Node network.
- 1st XRouter SPV TransactionThe very first mainnet SPV transaction was sent on Syscoin's blockchain using XRouter's decentralized network without having the Syscoin blockchain installed.
- XRouter/XCloud APIAPI documentation update to include XRouter and XCloud calls.
- Whitepaper TranslationsTranslation of the whitepaper into Korean and Arabic.
- Redesign Proposals Screen
- 2018 Q2
- XRouter AlphaAlpha release of a decentralized full node SPV network enabling use of on-chain data from any public or private blockchain without requiring users to download the full blockchain.
- XCloud AlphaAlpha release of a decentralize oracle network enabling on-chain use of off-chain data, APIs, and services.
- Wallet RedesignA newly redesigned Blocknet wallet for a more intuitive user experience and a crisp, snappy design with expanded functionality.
- API DocsA Blocknet site for API documentation, usage, developer information, and other supplementary content (view here).
- Website RedesignA redesign of the Blocknet website for a fresh new look with more information.
- Whitepaper TranslationTranslation of the whitepaper into Mandarin.
- XRouter Alpha
- 2018 Q1
- 2017 Q4
- Block-node.info WebsiteView proposals, block rewards, wallet support, XBridge orders, and XBridge trade volume, and use tools such as the config generators, wallet trackers, and reward calculator (view here), developed by @ishkb1.
- Community FundA community fund with 130k BLOCK has been created to fund petty expenses, emergency expenses, and private expenses (i.e. NDA's involved).
- Block-node.info Website
- 2017 Q3
- Service NodesThe launch of Service Nodes on mainnet which will be at the core of all services provided on the network.
- Blocknet GovernanceThe launch of Blocknet governance components on mainnet including proposal submission, proposal voting, and proposal funding features.
- Base Chain MigrationMigrate the base chain to PIVX from Bitswift.
- Service Nodes
- 2017 Q2
- Service Node DesignCreation of Service Node design and their use as a quality of service provider.
- Service Node Design
- 2016 Q4
- XBridge AlphaAlpha release of the world's first true decentralized exchange protocol allowing users to conduct peer-to-peer trading directly from the wallets of the assets being traded.
- XBridge Alpha
- 2016 Q3
- XBridge Proof of Concept 3XBridge proof of concept upgraded to use CLTV (CheckLockTimeVerify) in the atomic swap process.
- XBridge Proof of Concept 3
- 2016 Q1
- XBridge Proof of Concept 2XBridge proof of concept using TierNolan atomic swap algo.
- XBridge Proof of Concept 2
- 2015 Q4
- XRouter Proof of ConceptXRouter proof of concept for a decentralized full node SPV network enabling use of on-chain data from any public or private blockchain without requiring users to download the full blockchain.
- 1st XBridge TradeThe world's first fully decentralized exchange took place between BitSwift and XCurrency using the XBridge protocol (view here).
- XRouter Proof of Concept
- 2015 Q3
- XBridge Proof of Concept 1XBridge proof of concept for a true decentralized exchange protocol allowing users to conduct peer-to-peer trading directly from the wallets of the assets being traded.
- XBridge Proof of Concept 1
- 2014 Q4
- Blocknet LaunchBlocknet mainnet launch on October 20th, 2014.
- Blocknet Launch
- CloudChains Inc. Lite MultiwalletTrade on Block DX without downloading additional chains using a lite multiwallet developed by CloudChains Inc.
- Enterprise XRouter ProxyAn nginx reverse proxy that interfaces with the XRouter protocol to enable millions of requests per second.
- DX Maker Bot V2
- Block DX Website LocalizationSupport multiple languages so anyone around the world can learn more about Block DX.
- 2020 Q1
- SNode Relaying PacketAn XRouter packet for relaying the Service Node list that will be used to create lite libraries.
- Lite Libraries (Go, C++)Enables developers to use XRouter and XCloud without the Blocknet wallet for easy and lite weight plug-and-play integration.
- Segwit Address SupportSupport the use of Segwit (p2wpkh) addresses.
- Staked Input SupportSupport the use of staked inputs (p2pk) so you can trade funds that have staked.
- DNS & Proxy Setup GuideGuide for Service Nodes on how to setup the XRouter proxy and how to offer their services behind a registered domain.
- SNode Relaying Packet
- 2020 Q2 & Beyond
- UTXO SplitterSupport for easily splitting UTXOs in any connected wallet.
- Shared Plugins RepoA Github repo for Service Nodes to collaborate, develop, and share services amongst each other.
- XCloud Service InfoEnables users to easily view XCloud service descriptions, versions, and parameters instead of relying on external sources.
- Ledger SupportManage, send, receive, and securely store your BLOCK on the Ledger hardware wallet.
- API Docs LocalizationSupport multiple languages so the Blocknet Protocol can be more easily adopted and used globally.
- Order Fee EstimateSupport for estimating order fees in XBridge and Block DX.
- Ethereum IntegrationIntegrate and support trading of ETH.
- Stablecoin IntegrationIntegrate and support trading of a stablecoin such as USDT.
- Market Order SupportSupport for market orders in Block DX.
- Partial Order SupportSupport for partial orders in Block DX.
- CoinMarketCap ListingHave Block DX approved and listed as an exchange on CMC.
- TradingView ChartsSupport for TradingView charts in Block DX.
- XBridge Test EngineAn automated tested engine for new asset integrations and updates.
- Doc Portal LocalizationIncrease the accessibility of the documentation portal with translations into multiple languages.
- Lightning Network SupportSupport for using the Lightning Network to trade via XBridge.
- Address SelectorAbility to select your trading addresses from within Block DX.
- Ledger SupportAbility to trade on Block DX with your Ledger wallet.
- Network Reputation SystemAn upgrade for a shared, network-wide Service Node reputation system instead of a local implementation.
- Cold StakingEnables offline staking so you can securely store your BLOCK in cold storage.
- Order Confirmations FilterFilter the order book based on the counterparty's confirmations setting for an improved trading experience.
- Fee CalculatorA tool that masses can interact with that provides fee estimations for chains such as BTC, ETH, and LTC, as well as other chains that showcases the power and potential of XRouter.
- Fee FilteringFilter the Block DX order book based on the counterparty's network fees for an improved trading experience.
- ERC20 IntegrationIntegrate and support trading of ERC20 tokens.
- Percent-based FeesUpgrade from a static 0.015 BLOCK fee to a percent-based fee. This will result in greater income for Service Node operators.
- Config Update NoticeNotify Block DX users when new configuration updates are available so they can update.
- Trade CompetitionsCompete against other traders over various metrics to win prizes!
- Service Node ChatAn in-wallet, verified Service Node chat for governing discussions for those with vested interests.
- Coin SplitProportionally multiply all BLOCK values by 100x to support micro fees. All values including existing holdings, fees, rewards, and collaterals will be increased proportionally (read more).
- Payment ChannelsEnables transactions between users and Service Nodes to be grouped for faster and cheaper processing.
- Private Order BooksSupport for private order books in XBridge and Block DX that are separate from the public order books.
- Trade History ExportExport your XBridge and Block DX trade history.
- Trade History PersistenceMaintain trade history persistence between shutdowns.
- Digital HackathonCall on developers to compete against each other to build innovative products powered by the Blocknet Protocol.
- New Market PricingsView and place orders in different denominations such as ETH, USD, and EUR.
- Asset InfoView information on the assets that you are trading and their respective projects directly within Block DX.
- Direct OrdersSupport for direct OTC orders in XBridge and Block DX that are separate from public order books.
- EOS/NEO/Other IntegrationIntegrate and support trading of major platform tokens.
- UTXO Splitter
Roadmap subject to changes due to priorities and resources.